Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Beginning

For as long as I can remember, I have always been intrigued by kayakers, runners, long distance swimmers, and cyclists. There was something about people crossing entire continents, or oceans, with nothing more than a resolve to do so that fascinated and challenged me. This summer, I finally did something about it: I went out and bought my first bike : )

I am only a few months into this adventure and I am loving it. Miami is a beautiful city, and on a bike I have seen vistas that I used to drive past without noticing in my gas guzzling Chevy S10. Not only that, but in a matter of months I am almost back to the shape I was in high school! With every trip I feel stronger and more empowered to take on a new adventure. Who knows, maybe one day I will take on a continent.

Thus far I am averaging about four miles a day - nothing crazy. But hopefully, if weather allows, I will soon begin commuting to work (about seven miles each way). Truth be told, I don't know how deep I will ride into this rabbit whole. Thus far I have loved the time spent on my bike and with my friends riding through the streets of Miami. So I thought, Why not share this experience with others? Hence this blog: a journal of my journey into the world of cycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment